What is a reagent set?

Loading... 6 view(s)
What is a reagent set?
We often get customers who are confused by some of the terms used on water testing reagents, there are Test Kits, reagent sets, reagent vials, powder pillows, tablets and many more. The simple answer when browsing the website is to ask using the online help, but here are some basic definitions [caption id="attachment_3288" align="aligncenter" width="268"]Test kit Test kit[/caption] Test kit: Simple and complete test kit for the parameter, includes reagents and other material used in the test. Often with a comparator some use drop counts or colour cubes instead. [caption id="attachment_3289" align="aligncenter" width="270"]Reagent Vials Reagent Vials[/caption] Reagent vials: A premixed vial of reagents for water testing, such as those for COD or ammonia testing to which you need to add a measured volume of sample. Usually used in a colorimeter or a spectrophotometer [caption id="attachment_3290" align="aligncenter" width="270"]powder pillows powder pillows[/caption] Powder Pillows: Small foil or plastic sachets which contain a single dose of a reagent, these can be uses on thier own on a sample or as part of a reagent kit. Easy to dissolve as they are supplied as a powder. Hach Lange uses these as their primary form of dried reagents [caption id="attachment_3295" align="aligncenter" width="270"]Reagent Set Reagent Set[/caption] Reagent sets: A reagent set includes a series of reagents required to do a test, this may be a liquid reagent, a vial a powder pillow or any combination of the above
Leave your comment
Your email address will not be published
Copyright © Camlab Ltd rights reserved.
Powered by PushON