Camlab Ltd incorporating Industrial & Scientific Supplies is a supplier and manufacturer of Laboratory products and scientific and analytical equipment. At Camlab it's the people that make the difference. The founder of Camlab, Robert Hirsch recognised this and set up the Hirsch Trust, founded in 1984. This effectively made staff shareholders and beneficiaries having a stake in the reputation and future success of the company.
Over the years, Camlab has built its 'Service to Science' from glassblowing, electrochemistry and engineering to become a key supplier to the industrial and laboratory sectors. The recent acquisition of Industrial & Scientific Supplies with a significant investment in stock has increased our scope to include a significant range of workplace Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
At Camlab we offer a high level of technical expertise and experience to our customers, and we are proud of our core values of Choice, Service and Trust. Our UK warehouse in Over, Cambridgeshire houses our UK and export customer service teams, accounts, and marketing departments along with our team of service engineers. We all take pride in working together for the customer, looking after our environment, and treating our customers, suppliers and each other fairly and honestly.
At Camlab we are extremely flexible with the working environment offered to staff, this includes the following:
- Fully Office Based
- Governed Hybrid - 1 or 2 days as a minimum to be worked in the office.
- Flexible Hybrid - Ability to choose when you come in.
- Fully Remote - Home/Field Based
For further information, to make an enquiry or to apply for a role please contact email@example.com
Technical Support Specialist
Reporting To: Head of Digital & Marketing
Working environment: Governed Hybrid - 2 days as a minimum to be worked in the office.
Location: Camlab ltd, Over, Cambridgeshire
Working Hours: Full-time @ 37.5 hours, 5 days per week
At Camlab we seek employees who want to work for a different type of company. We strive to achieve our joint goals and objectives and every individual makes a contribution to the success of our employee owned business.
Main Team Purpose
The Marketing team ensures we promote the company, people, and products within and outside of our market sectors. The team is responsible for promotions, website content, social media, technical support, exhibitions, pricing, and advertising.
A background knowledge of laboratory products and equipment, lab experience and or a scientific qualification which meets the specification of the role is essential.
Main Job Purpose
To support the customer buying process through direct technical support or indirectly through the supply of clear, and relevant technical information. To enhance the product offering online through high quality technical data in many formats to suit different buyers needs and buying processes. To offer a consistent customer experience with good technical advice and ensure the customer is getting what they need, this should enable the customer to make an informed choice from the product offerings. To increase the reputation of Camlab’s offerings online as the leading independent technical scientific supplier of laboratory, and PPE products.
To differentiate our products and services by developing our information & technology base; exploiting our ‘know how’ and expertise.
• Provide Technical Support by email, telephone and webchat, to customers and colleagues.
• Create, maintain and update the content on the Camlab blog site as a resource of technical queries and answers to common queries and application questions.
• Administer product entry and/or product changes on to Camlab websites.
• Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquiries in a helpful, timely and professional manner.
• Product uploads to 3rd part websites and portals such as Amazon and Science Warehouse
• Liaise with suppliers for technical information, data sheets, pricing, Material safety Data sheets and Certificates of analysis, etc. Attend suppliers training course both at Camlab and the supplier’s site to increase product knowledge.
• Laboratory testing evaluations to study new and innovative products and compare existing products.
• Report writing on laboratory studies on product evaluations and product comparisons.
• App and website testing and reporting of errors bugs to software developer.
• Complete and maintain accurate records.
• The candidate needs to be capable of independently gathering and interpreting information from both the customer and equipment supplier.
• A team player who is driven by providing efficient operations and thrives on change and constantly striving to improve things around them.
• The candidate must have the ability to build and maintain good working relationships with fellow team members and customers. Suppliers, etc.
• You must have both energy and be able to energise those around you.
Education, Experience and Skills
• Math’s and English GCSE’s are essential (or equivalent)
• Scientific Degree and or previous experience in a laboratory discipline is essential.
• A degree in chemistry e.g. Chemical Industry or Chemical Science would be an advantage
• Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
• Skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with SAP Business One would be an advantage.
Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Statement
The post-holder is required to work at all times in accordance with the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies. The Post Holder is not permitted to discriminate against any employee, customer, or member of the public on the grounds of age, disability, race, color, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status. The Post Holder is required at all times to take reasonable care for his/her own safety and that of anyone else who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions.
This Job Description is a guide to the work that the post holder will be required to undertake. It does not constitute a precise list of all the duties that they might reasonably be expected to do. It may be altered from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. It does not form part of the Contract of Employment.