01954 233 110
• Culture of anaerobic microorganisms (pressure resistant bottles recommended)
• Storage of anaerobic culture media (amber glass bottles recommended)
• Aerobic methane oxidation (MOx) research
• Storage of oxygen sensitive materials
• Applications requiring gas purging or sample transfer via a syringe
DURAN® bromobutyl rubber closure provide a gas tight seal for all GL 45 laboratory bottles.
Bromobutyl rubber is essentially impermeable to most gasses, and provides a controlled
environment inside the glass bottle for oxygen sensitive materials. Useful for maintaining
anaerobic culture conditions. Butyl rubber allows for multiple punctures providing easy access
to the contents with a syringe.
• Stopper shape, and material properties optimised to fit DURAN® GL 45 bottles with sizes from 100 to 20,000 ml.
• Low permeability to air, gases and moisture
• Manufactured from a high purity bromobutyl rubber elastomer
• Conforms to EP 3.2.9 Type I closure for chemical and penetration tests
• Material is virtually free of organics that might leach into the incubation medium
• Elastic material for effective sealing and reliable self-sealing after needle piercing.
• Upper surface features seven numbered hemispherical impressions for needle piercing
• Wide usable temperature range: -50 to +121 °C.
• Suitable for autoclaving / steam sterilising at 121 °C for 20 minutes
• Use with the DURAN® GL 45 open topped / aperture screw cap for extra security
Please Note: The products shown below are only an indication of what other customers buying this product have also bought as this may be of interest to you. They are not a recommendation or necessarily compatible.
We would appreciate your feedback.
No, thank you.