The following statement is an extract of our ISO14001:2004(E) Environmental Management Systems Policy. It is available in original form on request. Camlab are suppliers of laboratory equipment and process instrumentation. The company recognises that it can only achieve its business objectives if the operational performance of its activities, along with the products it supplies, reflect the changing environmental priorities of the Community it serves.
The company is committed to introducing and developing practicable and cost effective environmental best practise throughout the business. It is recognised that the pursuit of economic growth and a safe, healthy and hygienic environment must be closely linked and that the protection of the environment and its ecology from the company’s activities is part of the management’s responsibility. Camlab also recognises that its day to day activities impact on the environment in a number of ways (water and energy usage and general waste), it is committed to preventing environmental pollution (Noise, Smoke, Oil, Light etc) and it is these impacts that the company wishes to minimise. The company is committed to a programme of continuous environmental improvement and will establish systems and initiatives to bring about the broad principles of this policy.
In particular Camlab will:
- Meet, and where possible exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation.
- Seek to reduce the consumption of materials in all operations, reuse rather than dispose wherever possible, and promote recycling and use of recycled materials.
- Work with suppliers and contractors to minimise the impact of their operations on the environment through a quality purchasing policy.
- Design energy efficiency into new services and buildings and manage energy wisely in all operations.
- Provide products that are safe to use, make efficient use of resources, and which can be recycled or disposed of safely.
- Include environmental issues at relevant management meetings and train all employees to adopt and improve good environmental working practices.
- Provide necessary training to raise awareness of the environment and encourage energy saving and waste minimisation.
- Monitor the company’s environmental performance through auditing on a regular basis and through the examination of data.